
The Fruit trees in the spring.
The garden in the summer. Yum!
My parents are originally from California and now after all these years, my parents are moving back. My dad got a job offer there that he couldn't resist. We are all really very excited for them. We still have a lot of family in California and we get to visit them from time to time, but it will be fun to be able to visit them more regularly. I can't wait to go to California for Christmas. A 10 hour drive is a lot more manageable than the 20 hour drive to St. Louis. We will miss St. Louis, though, and all of the friends and memories there.
This last week I had the opportunity to go back to St. Louis and help my mom pack up and stage the house. We were working almost all day long every day and we still didn't come close to finishing. There is still so much work to be done. It was hard work, but it was so much fun too. I got to go through all my old things and reminisce about my childhood. I also got to have a lot of fun playing house and rearranging the furniture and buying cute knick knacks to stage the house with. I'm really glad I got to go out and help. Here are a few pictures of all the hard work we did. I'm mostly just posting these for my siblings to see how different the house looks. Keep in mind I am an engineer, so don't judge me if you designed your doll house cuter than this when you were 10.
This last week I had the opportunity to go back to St. Louis and help my mom pack up and stage the house. We were working almost all day long every day and we still didn't come close to finishing. There is still so much work to be done. It was hard work, but it was so much fun too. I got to go through all my old things and reminisce about my childhood. I also got to have a lot of fun playing house and rearranging the furniture and buying cute knick knacks to stage the house with. I'm really glad I got to go out and help. Here are a few pictures of all the hard work we did. I'm mostly just posting these for my siblings to see how different the house looks. Keep in mind I am an engineer, so don't judge me if you designed your doll house cuter than this when you were 10.
The family room probably looks the most different. Ignore the blur in the corner where I had to edit out some stuff we hadn't gotten around to moving yet.
Another view of the family room.
Another view of the family room.The dining room looks like a real dining room for the first time.
In the bathroom we didn't change too much, we just cleaned it and put up some new pictures.

And we redid the landscaping in part of the front yard. It's not done yet in this picture. We didn't get a chance to finish before I left. I got to pick out all the plants and where to put them, though. I've always loved flowers and plants so this was probably my favorite part. I can't wait till I have a house and can plan out gardens of my own.

And we redid the landscaping in part of the front yard. It's not done yet in this picture. We didn't get a chance to finish before I left. I got to pick out all the plants and where to put them, though. I've always loved flowers and plants so this was probably my favorite part. I can't wait till I have a house and can plan out gardens of my own.


4 comments:
Excellent job on the house. It looks much much less like a comfortable place for 20+ people to crash and more like something somebody would want to buy. A trade down, in my opinion, but it will sell better that way. I was actually totally cool with everything until I realized that the landscaping you redid was the strawberry patch. For some reason, it just seemed like a crime to rip that out. Ah well.
That was fun staging the house and making it look cute. My favorite is the dining room. I'm gonna miss that house.
Ya'll did a great job, I hope it sells quickly for them! It will be one sad day when my mom sells the house I grew up in :( It will be nice to have them much closer! PS, I totally need to come and hang out with ya'll soon!
The house looks really nice. I can tell that a lot of work has been done. It's not easy packing up 20 years worth of stuff in a home once occupied by a family of 10.
Post a Comment